APRIL 2019 - BARS, BANDS, COVER CHARGES
BARS THAT BRING BANDS IN, ESPECIALLY THE SAME LOCAL BANDS THAT OVER SATURATE THEIR LOCAL AREA, BY PLAYING EVERYWHERE, ARE IMPOSSIBLE TO ASK FOR A COVER CHARGE TO PAY THEM, BECAUSE, SO MANY OTHER BARS, FEATURE THEM AND DO NOT EVER CHARGE A COVER.
BUT, YOU CAN CIRCUMVENT THIS CHALLENGE?
STOP BOOKING THE SAME BANDS!
START FEATURING NEW BANDS, FRESH BANDS, OUT OF TOWN BANDS, COVER BANDS, THERE ARE SO MANY BANDS LOOKING FOR LIVE GIGS, IT'S A BAR OWNER'S PARADISE.
THE WHOLE KEY TO BOOKING BANDS FROM OUT OF TOWN IS THE "ROUTING", WHERE THEY ARE, WHERE THEY ARE GOING, HOW CLOSE TO YOU ARE THEY?
THE PRICE OF A MOVIE TICKET TO GO SEE A NEW RELEASE IS $9.
MOST BARS ARE SIMPLY SEEKING A $5 COVER CHARGE.
YOU BOOK A BAND FOR $900. FOR A ONE NIGHTER.
YOU HOLD 150 PEOPLE.
YOU CHARGE $5 @ THE DOOR, THAT GENERATES $750. WHICH THEN, ONLY COSTS YOUR BAR, $150.
WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS STRATEGY?
OH SO YOU SAY, "BUT MY CUSTOMERS WON'T PAY A COVER CHARGE, NO BAR AROUND HERE CHARGES A COVER CHARGE".
FINE, WHY SHOULD THEY?
WHAT ARE THEY OFFERING THAT IS NEW, FRESH, AND EXCITING?
I HAVE A 99% PROVEN METHOD ON HOW TO IMPLEMENT A COVER CHARGE, WHEN YOU HAVE NEVER HAD ONE.
IT WORKS 99.9% OF THE TIME.
WHY NOT ATTRACT A BETTER QUALITY OF CUSTOMER, WHO WILL PAY A COVER CHARGE, AND SPEND MORE @ YOUR BAR?
WHY BRING IN THE SAME WORN OUT BANDS, WITH THE SAME SONGS IN THE SAME SETS, WITH THE BAND DRESSING LIKE SLOBS, AND NOT CARING LESS ABOUT THEIR PERFORMANCE?
ISN'T IT TIME, YOU OVERHAULED YOUR LIVE MUSIC CONCEPT, ENTIRELY?
ISN'T IT TIME YOU GAVE YOUR LOCAL AREA, BANDS THEY NEVER HAVE SEEN OR DANCED TO BEFORE?
THESE ARE THE BANDS,THAT YOU LOCK IN ON AN EXCLUSIVE WRITTEN AGREEMENT, SO THAT THEY CAN ONLY PLAY YOUR BAR IN YOUR LOCAL AREA, AND ON A SCHEDULE THAT BRINGS THEM BACK ONCE EVERY SIX WEEKS?
THEN THERE ARE BRAND NEW BAR VENUES, IN DC THERE IS TODD THRASHER'S "NEW TIKI BAR & DISTILLERY", IN NYC THERE IS THE "ROOFTOP SPEAKEASY", IN THE KIMBALL JUNCTION AREA OF UTAH THERE IS "PARK CITY", UPSCALE CASUAL VENUE. ALL THESE BRAND NEW VENUES ARE BEAUTIFULLY DESIGNED AND HAVE A SIMPLY GORGEOUSLY EYE OPENER ATMOSPHERE.
THEIR BAR MENU OFFERING UNIQUE DRINKS AND EATS ARE ALSO IDEAL, BUT, ARE GUESTS SUPPOSE TO JUST COME IN, SIT, DRINK, EAT, AND LEAVE?
WHY DOESN'T ONE OF THESE HEAVILY INVESTED VENUES OFFER ANY "WOW FACTORS"?
WHY DON'T THEY DO ANYTHING ABOVE AND BEYOND THE NORM?
IT WOULD MATCH THEIR ENTIRE IMAGE.
THIS IS WHY SO MANY NEW VENUES THAT HAVE SO MUCH $ PUT INTO THEM FAIL.
THEY ALL COPY THE SAME GAME PLAN.
NONE OF THEM OFFER FRESH NEW "FUN".
I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND HOW SUCCESSFUL RESTAURANT, BAR, HOSPITALITY GROUPS, TOTALLY IGNORE ENHANCING AND EXPANDING THEIR CUSTOMER BASE?
I SPECIFICALLY REFER TO ATTRACTING YOUR PROFESSIONAL WOMEN AND MEN WHO WANT MORE THAN A DRINK, MORE THAN A PLATE ALL IN A FABULOUS SETTING.
Or fill out this form and find out what your doing ALL WRONG?
KEEPING INVENTORY OF YOUR BARS, THE EASY WAY !
Even with the latest in Technology, keeping tabs, control of your liquor does not require spending $, nor going through all kinds of time consuming processes.
Here are "MY TRIED & TRUE" Systems, that WORK !!!!!!
1. Every day your open, @ the end of the night, all empty bottles of liquor should be put right on top of the bar, that they were used at.
Not a single bottle, should be thrown out, discarded or destroyed.
When bottles are accidentally broken, that is a major RED LIGHT .
2. Compare your Register Rings to your Bottles.
Are the Well bottles, the Top Shelf bottles, the Call bottles, matching up to what your registers have recorded?
3. You should have one "WELL" that holds all your near empty
bottles, rather than have them @ other wells behind your bar.
4. Example of a problem, you have 3 empty bottles of "Jack Daniels" on your bar, after a slow night. Yet, your register does not reflect the "Rings" to justify this many empty bottles?
5. Each Bartender should have their own register, if that is not possible, Cameras should be installed, aimed directly @ your register.
That's right, when bottles do not match sales, "Cameras" don't lie
6. Always "Sweep" your cash registers of Money @ different times of the day and night.
7. When different Shift Bar Staff come on, new "Banks", should be changed over in each register.
8. All "TABS" should have a "COPY" that is turned in, every time, one is given to a customer. No reason or excuse ever for not having a copy of a "TAB", a Bartender allowed to run.
9. Your Liquor Room should be given access to as few Staff as possible. This Room must be totally secured and not with some lame lock. A Camera should be aimed @ that Liquor Room Door, to record who is going in and out, and when?
10. Liquor Inventory should be done as often as necessary. A minimum of once a week.
11. The smartest method to hiring Bar Staff is to contact local Bartending Schools, and hire straight out of graduation.
When you lure great bartenders from other establishments, keep in mind, they are already "Totally Mindset" in their habits, performance & service behind the bar. Often very difficult to have them accept your culture of "Bar Service".
12. Promoting Cocktail Servers who have shown excellence in their work ethic, by paying for them to attend Bartending School, is method to have "FRESH NEW BARTENDERS", with no bad habits.
13. Two very basic, never break rules, carved in "STONE" should always be in place.
Bartenders are "NEVER PERMITTED" to drink while working.
Bartenders are "NEVER PERMITTED" to buy or give a customer a free drink.
Bottom Line, The more control you have over your bar, the less problems you'll have.
We implemented every single one of these steps in our huge club. We rarely ever had an issue.
I use to tell my Staff at meetings "You see this bottle of liquor, it pays YOU, and all the bills that keep our doors open. You respect this bottle, you don't abuse it, you don't use it and you certainly don't confuse it".
Having liquor shortage problems?
MEXICAN CRAFT BEERS TAKING AMERICA BY HOPS
WITH "CINCO DE MAYO", A MAJOR MONEY MAKING HOLIDAY, NEXT MONTH, IT'S THE IDEAL TIME, TO LEARN MORE, KNOW MORE AND OFFER MORE IN "MEXICAN CRAFT BEERS".
While overall U.S. beer industry sales remain flat, Americans' thirst for craft beer continues to grow and Mexican beers such as Corona Extra and Modelo Especial have unquenched market appeal.
Could craft beer made by Mexican brewmasters be the next big beverage trend in the U.S.?
A trio of former Anheuser-Busch executives and a Mexican entrepreneur are betting on it with a new venture, Quest Beverage. The company has already introduced four beers into Houston and St. Louis and throughout Missouri, and the beers are now hitting markets in California, Illinois and Texas.
Quest Beverage is importing Mexican craft beers into the U.S. including from Mexicali, Mexico-based Cerveza Urbana’s Crossover IPA and its Blonde Ale. (Photo: Quest Beverage)
The beers currently being imported are a citrusy Crossover IPA and crisp Blonde Ale from Cerveza Urbana, based in Mexicali, Mexico, and a light, dry Kölsch ale and a malty, mildly bitter London-style ale called Cerveza Rrëy from Monterrey, Mexico.
The year in beer:: Cheers, there's more than 7,000 breweries operating in the US
Healthier beer trend: Dogfish Head taps new beers to satisfy drinkers' healthy, lower-alcohol tastes
A trio of trends points to potential success:
• A growing Hispanic population in the U.S. now makes up 18 percent of Americans.
• Mexican imports are hot. Corona Extra and Modelo Especial each owned 5 percent of the retail market last year, according to IRI, a Chicago-based market research firm. Modelo Especial sales rose 18 percent, dollar-wise, from 2017.
• Growth in craft beer, brewed by small, independent breweries, has slowed, but its share of the overall $111 billion-plus U.S. beer industry is expected to increase beyond the 23.4 percent it captured in 2017, according to the Brewers Association.
Quest Beverage is importing Mexican craft beers into the U.S. including a Kölsch, shown here, and a London-style ale from Cerveza Rrëy, based in Monterrey, Mexico. (Photo: Quest Beverage)
"We saw an opportunity to combine those converging trends," said Quest Beverage CEO Gregg Billmeyer, who spent 28 years in marketing and sales at Anheuser-Busch.
About two years ago, he and the rest of the startup team – master brewer Dan Driscoll and exec Mike Redohl, both former Anheuser-Busch veterans, and Mexicali-based financial exec Eduardo Muniz – began surveying the Mexican craft beer scene. "Craft beer in Mexico is exploding," Billmeyer said. "It looks like the U.S. 20 years ago."
That led to consumer taste testing of Mexican craft beers in Houston and the beers from Cerveza Urbana and Cerveza Rrëy stood out as favorites. Now, those beers are being served in bars, restaurants and at retail.
"We’ve got very aggressive expansion plans, but at the same time we want to continue to learn, continue to adapt and see what is accepted ... as we look at additional markets," Billmeyer said. "We have seen this as a national opportunity."
WHAT A FABULOUS PROMOTION !
"FEMALE SUPERHERO NIGHT".
JUST LOOK @ THE SUCCESS OF "CAPTAIN MARVEL"!
DRESS AS A "FEMALE SUPERHERO", SHOW YOUR SKILLS AS A "FEMALE SUPER HERO", ACT LIKE A "FEMALE SUPERHERO".
WE CHALLENGE YOU, TO THE "FEMALE SUPERHERO WINNER", $500 IN CASH.
SHOW "WONDER WOMAN", AND ALL THE MOST RECENT "FEMALE SUPERHERO FLICKS OUT ON VIDEO".
DECORATE IN "FEMALE SUPERHERO DECOR".
HAVE YOUR STAFF DRESS IN "FEMALE SUPER HERO COSTUMES" THAT THEY CAN WORK IN.
PLAY THE SOUNDTRACKS FROM "FEMALE SUPERHERO MOVIES".
CHARGE A COVER CHARGE AND LET A FEMALE SUPER HERO COLLECT THE COVER AND CHECK IDS.
IT'S A ONE NIGHT EVENT, THAT WILL PACK YOUR PLACE.
TIE IN A LOCAL COSTUME SHOP.
TIE IN A LOCAL HAIR AND MAKE UP SALON.
TIE IN A FEMALE VERY POPULAR LIQUOR AS A SPONSOR.
TIE IN A FEMALE VERY POPULAR ENERGY DRINK AS A SPONSOR.
THIS ONE TIME EVENT, MUST BE PROMOTED, PUMPED AND PUSHED ON EVERY SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM, NO LESS THAN 30 DAYS IN ADVANCE.
A HUGE BANNER MUST BE HUNG INSIDE YOUR BAR, NO LESS THAN 30 DAYS IN ADVANCE.
CREATE A "FEMALE SUPERHERO" COCKTAIL MENU.
NOW, YOU THINK OF SOME MONEY MAKING ADDITIONS TO ENHANCE THE CASH FLOW OF THIS PROMOTION?
NOW, YOU BEND IT, FLEX IT, ADAPT IT TO FIT YOUR BAR.
NOW, PUT ON YOUR "SUPERHERO OWNER'S ATTITUDE" AND MAKE THIS HAPPEN
IF YOU HAVE NEVER EVER HOSTED SUCH AN EVENT, EMAIL RichUnger@promotingnightclubs.com
OR FILL OUT THIS FORM AND GET THE INSIGHT YOUR LACKING.